Celebrating 190 Years of Ministry!
In 1830 the First Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church of East Bloomfield was incorporated. The first building was built near Mud Creek in 1836. However, in 1858, it was decided to move the Methodist Church to a site near the Green in East Bloomfield. The project failed and the lumber from the building was sold. Services were held for a time in the old town hall.
In 1859, the Methodist Society purchased the present building. The building had been constructed in 1832-34. The second story for the sanctuary was added in 1867. Memorial leaded and stained glass windows and the window over the pulpit were installed in 1915. A large educational wing with fellowship hall, classrooms, offices, and kitchen were added in 1974.
The building has been preserved through ongoing maintenance and improvements, including vinyl siding in 1986. In 1995, the “Access Project” made possible the addition of an elevator providing easier access to the sanctuary and enabling all areas of our facility to be accessible.
We have Wi-Fi and it is a help to our membership to come and work online, praise God!
We are in prayer to figure what needs to happen next - come and help!