We are looking to fill a combined organist/choir director position as follows:
The organist is responsible for accompanying hymns during Sunday worship (11am to noon), as well as providing incidental music during the prelude, postlude, and offertory. The organist is also expected to accompany the choir when they sing and to help coordinate regular maintenance of the organ and piano.
The choir director is responsible for selecting music for the adult choir, organizing and leading rehearsals, and helping to recruit new singers. Choir rehearsal currently meets immediately before worship. The choir director will also be asked to lead the selection of hymns for Sunday worship, and should provide information for all service music to the administrator for inclusion in the weekly bulletins.
The organist/choir director is an ex officio member of the worship committee and should make every effort to attend their quarterly meetings.
We are currently able to pay $200 per week for the organist and choir director, with hope for future growth. Funeral and wedding services are compensated in addition to the base salary. The position includes four Sundays off per year, with details negotiable.
- Proficient in a variety of musical styles on both organ and piano
- Experience leading and growing small choirs
- Ability to advise and cooperate with sound technicians for good quality live and streamed sound
- Passionate about music ministry and helping the congregation grow spiritually through music
- Flexible and open to changing styles of worship
- Schedule flexibility for holidays (esp. Advent/Christmas, Holy Week/Easter) and occasional funerals or weddings
- Team mindset toward cooperating with other leaders such as the worship committee, pastor, and administrator
Please send the following materials to our church office by email:
- Résumé or CV
- Cover Letter
- Name and contact info for 2-3 professional references
Fill out the form below to email us with any questions, or call the church office at 585-627-7220.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Applicants of historically-marginalized genders, races, and ethnicities are especially encouraged to apply. Our hiring and employment practices prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.